Del Rio Jewels are meant to be worn & loved. To extend the life of your jewellery, please follow these care instructions:
- Our jewellery is made of 14K or 18K gold vermeil. Do check the description of each item to find out the specifics.
- Do not wear your jewellery in the ocean or pool. Chlorine & saltwater are never a good idea for plated jewellery, and especially those adorned with gemstones.
- Take off your jewellery before your daily rituals like showering, lotion application, perfume application, exercise etc.
- Keep your jewels away from cosmetics & chemicals.
- Before you sleep, lay your jewellery out flat to avoid tangling/scratching or place them on a trinket tray so you do not lose them.
- For necklaces, clasp the necklace after removing it to avoid any tangles.
- Once a month, use a polishing cloth to keep the shine & sparkle of silver & plated jewellery.
- You can use any anti-tarnish silver polish that can be found at your local drugstore. For a home based remedy, try mixing the juice from half a lemon and add 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Use this paste and buff away the grime from your jewels using a clean cloth.
- We do not repair jewellery and if a setting is damaged, causing a stone to fall out, we cannot replace this. Settings can be damaged by; any applied pressure, hitting a hard surface inadvertently or catching and snagging on clothing. When cleaning your gemstone jewellery, use a gentle toothbrush and some water to brush away any particles that may be dislodged.