Del Rio Jewels are meant to be worn & loved.
To extend the life of your jewellery, please follow these care instructions:
Gold Plated Jewellery
- Our costume jewellery is made of 14K gold plated sterling silver.
- Do not wear your jewellery in the ocean or pool. Chlorine & saltwater are never a good idea for plated jewellery, and especially those adorned with gemstones.
Take off your jewellery before your daily rituals like showering, lotion application, perfume application, exercise etc.
- Keep your jewels away from cosmetics & chemicals.
- Before you sleep, lay your jewellery out flat to avoid tangling/scratching or place them on a trinket tray so you do not lose them.
- For necklaces, clasp the necklace after removing it to avoid any tangles.
- Once a month, use a polishing cloth to keep the shine & sparkle of silver & plated jewellery.
You can use any anti-tarnish silver polish that can be found at your local drugstore. For a home based remedy, try mixing the juice from half a lemon and add 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Use this paste and buff away the grime from your jewels using a clean cloth.
Solid Gold Jewellery
A piece of fine jewellery from Del Rio Jewels is an investment in impeccable craftsmanship and a design that is truly yours. We create fine jewellery to last a lifetime & even longer.
Wearing a piece of jewellery, either everyday or only for special occassions, will expose it to wear & tear, from things like perfumes, water, your skin, even doorknobs and laptops and your own children!
Your Jewels are precious & must be enjoyed. However, from time to time, ensure that they are regularly cleaned and stored in a secure place when you are not wearing them. Keep it dry and away from heavy objects. We recommend, that once a year, you take your jewels to an expert to make sure that clasps, prongs and rocks remain in perfect condition.